Work will be permitted within the Township R.O.W. following the guidelines specified herein:
- No Township street shall be closed to vehicular traffic without prior written approval from the Cranford Police Department Traffic Division.
- The Cranford Police Department shall review and approve and traffic pattern changes due to construction within a street limits. If required, uniform officers shall be hired for the length of the construction activities.
- Contractors shall provide 48 hours written notice to the Cranford Police Department Traffic Division, prior to commencing any work.
- No work is to begin before 7:30 a.m. on workdays. Contractors are to ensure street is open to the public by 5:00 p.m. No work is permitted during the weekends and/or holidays, unless approved by the Township Engineer and the Police Department Traffic Division.
- During winter months, no planting is permitted and all trenches shall be filled and cold patched.
- During construction, the Township Engineer or appointed representative may require additional conditions as deemed necessary to provide a safe environment for the residents.
- The Township of Cranford roadway system is composed of local, county and state roadways. These roads include:
- Boulevard: from Westfield border line to Kenilworth border Line
- Centennial Avenue: from North Avenue East to Clark border line
- Lincoln Avenue East and West: from South Ave. East to South Ave. West
- Raritan Road: from Linden Border Line to Clark border line
- Springfield Avenue: from Boulevard to North Avenue East
- South Avenue East and West: from Garwood border line to Roselle border line
- North Avenue East & West: from Garwood Border Line to Roselle Park Border Line