New Jersey Department of Community Affairs, Division of Codes & Standards:
- Click here to visit their website.
- All Building Departments are overseen by this department of the state.
- See what’s new in construction regulation
Building Codes Online:
- Have code questions? Search the code books online!
Township of Cranford Construction Fee Schedule:
- Township Ordinance 2011-08 outlines all construction permit fees.
New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection (DEP):
New Jersey Department of Law & Public Safety – License Search:
Continued Certificate of Occurpancy (CCO) for Residential Sale in Cranford:
- CCOs are handled by the Cranford Fire Department. Please direct all questions to CFD.
- The application can be found on the Cranford Fire Department webpage.
Fence & Small Shed Permits:
- Permits for fences and small sheds (less than 100 square feet) are issued by the Cranford Zoning Officer.
- Please direct all questions to the Zoning Office at (908) 709-7216.
Permits for the placement of a dumpster in the street are issued by the Engineering Department.
The application can be found on the Engineering Department’s website. Please direct questions and submit applications to Engineering at (908) 709-7218.
Call Before You Dig! – Utility Markouts:
New Jersey Association of County Tax Boards:
- Current property ownership listings
- Submit your permits complete with block and lot!
Union County Housing Authority:
- Please see the Housing Authority for any tenant-landlord disputes
- (908) 527-4227 ex. 0
- 1 Elizabethtown Plaza 5th floor, Elizabeth, NJ 07207