The following link (pay station icon below) will show all on street and off street parking regulations. Simply click on the link to find the hours of operation and restrictions.
The following link is for a map showing the locations of municipal parking lots and garage in the downtown. Parking Location Map (Adobe PDF Reader required). Additional information is listed below:
|Lot #1||Springfield Avenue & North Union Avenue||3 Hour Pay Station / 9 Hour Permit / Overnight|
|Lot #2||Cranford Crossing Parking Garage||4 Hour Pay Station / 9 Hour Pay Station / 12 Hour Pay Station / 9 Hour Permit / 12 Hour Permit / 24 Hour Permit / Overnight|
|Lot #3||Next to and behind Bar Americana Restaurant||3 Hour Pay Station / 9 Hour Permit|
|Lot #4||South Avenue Train Station||12 Hour Permit|
|Lot #5||Municipal Building||1 Hour Time Limit|
|Lot #6||High Street||12 Hour Pay Station / 12 Hour Permit / Overnight|
|Lot #7||Miln Street||3 Hour Pay Station / 9 Hour Permit / Overnight|
|Lot #8||PSE&G South Avenue||12 Hour Permit – Residents Only with special permit|
|Lot #9||Orange Avenue Pool|
|Lot #10||Centennial Avenue near Calabria Pizza||3 Hour Time Limit|
|Lot #11||Alden Street||3 Hour Pay Station / 9 Hour Permit|
|Lot #12||Library/Recreation Center Lot||4 Hour Time Limit|
|Lot #14||Centennial Avenue & Lincoln Avenue||3 Hour Time Limit / 9 Hour Permit|
|Lot #16||Centennial Avenue Pool|
|Warner Plaza||North Avenue Train Station||3 Hour Pay Station|
|Post Office Plaza||North Avenue West||1 1/2 Hour Pay Station|
|Eastman Plaza||North Avenue at Clock||1 1/2 Hour Pay Station|
- January 1, 2019: New Year’s Day
- January 21, 2019: Martin Luther King Day
- February 18, 2019: Presidents’ Day
- April 19, 2019: Good Friday
- May 27, 2019: Memorial Day
- July 4, 2019: Independence Day
- September 2, 2019: Labor Day
- October 14, 2019: Columbus Day
- November 6, 2019: Election Day
- November 11, 2019: Veterans’ Day
- November 28, 2019: Thanksgiving Day
- December 25, 2019: Christmas Day
The Smart Card is a pre-paid, debit card that can be used in pay stations instead of coins or currency. There is also no expiration date for the value on the cards. The refillable cards are available ($20 Minimum) at the Police Records Bureau. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card. Smart Cards can be recharged from the Police Records Bureau and rechargeable at every Pay Stations. The Police Records Bureau is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Parking permits are issued by the Police Records Bureau. Permits are offered for 9, 12, and 24 hour times. Overnight permits are also available for downtown residents. The following link can be used to obtain a Parking Permit Application. Payment can be made by cash, check, or credit card.
12 Hour Permits: These permits are used in Lots 4 and 8 as well as the parking garage and on street locations at High Street, Chestnut Street, and South Avenue West. Permits are sold annually or semi-annually. The yearly cost is $600 for residents and non-residents in lots, garage, and on the street.
9 Hour Permits: These permits are available for Lots 1, 3, 7, 11, 14, and the parking garage as well as on street locations at Eastman Street and Miln Street. Permits are sold annually or semi-annually. The yearly cost is $500. These permit holders are permitted to use a 9 hour meter space at no charge if a permit space is not available.
24 Hour Permits: These permits are available for the parking garage and Lot 6, allowing 24 hour use for an annual rate of $800.
Overnight Permits: These permits allow downtown residents to park in Lots 1 and 7 as well as the garage from 6 p.m. to 9 a.m. for an annual rate of $200.
|12 Hour Permit||$600|
|9 Hour Permit||$500|
|24 Hour Permit||$800|
- 1.5 Hour Meters: These meters are allocated to on street locations near stores for high turn over by shoppers.
- 3 Hour Meters: These meters are allocated to municipal parking lots and off street locations. These spaces should be used by shoppers and visitors needing extra time for their visit.
- 4 Hour Meters: These meters are allocated to the municipal parking garage. These spaces should be used by shoppers and visitors needing extra time for their visit.
- 9 Hour Meters: Daily 9 Hour meter parking is available in the parking garage for 50 cents per hour or $4.50 daily. These spaces should be used by downtown employees.
- 12 Hour Meters: Daily 12 Hour meter parking is available in Lot 6 as well as the parking garage for 50 cents per hour or $6 daily. These spaces are meant for commuters.
Residential Parking Permits
Certain streets are designated as “Residential Permit Parking Only”. These streets are marked with signs that restrict parking by time limit or alternate side. Residents on these streets may obtain a Residential Permit from the Records Division for no cost. The following link can be used to obtain a residential parking permit. These permits are only valid for the specific street the person lives on and can not be used in another residential zone.
- Obtain an application from the Cranford Police Department Records Division or download the form from this link Temporary Placard Application.
- You must have your doctor certify that you need the placard.
- Return the completed application to the police department with a check or money order for $4 payable to Motor Vehicle Commission.
- Upon payment and review/approval by the Police Chief, the police department will issue your temporary placard.
- Complete the Persons with Disability Placards/Plates Application.
- Follow the directions at the NJ Motor Vehicle Commission Website.
- These placards and plates are NOT issues by the Cranford Police Department.
- Temporary placards can only be renewed once for no more than six months.
- Permanent placards must be renewed every three years.
- You will be automatically mailed the renewal form for a permanent placard (If you do not receive your renewal form, contact an MVC Agency).
Last Updated: 03/16/16